Thursday, June 3, 2010

Way to long to write!!

Wow, I know I know, I have not written in forever. I looked today and saw that I have lost all my followers as well. That's my fault , I know. I don't know how people do this when they have so much going on.
My oldest is 12 going on 13 soon and it has been so interesting lately. She has always been glued to my side. I have enjoyed being best buddies with her for so long now. Now she has made new friends, which I love, but I must admit, I miss my friend. We have a neighbor that is older than me that loves the kids to come over and play. Its o.k. with my boys because she has boys their age, but she has no girls. She keeps asking Faith, my oldest to come hang out and watch movies and go to the park and things like that. We were o.k. at first with all this, but now its every day. Me and my hubby just think that its weird right???
She keeps asking her to spend the night now to with other girls. She talks all the time about how she wishes Faith was her daughter.
So last night we told my daughter she could not hang out over there anymore. I now have to figure out a way to tell my neighbor this. Faith really does not understand this either. She liked my neighbor a lot. I just feel its a weird situation to begin with. She gossips about every neighbor their is and you find it so hard to not join in, so its better to just stay away from the situation.
Other than that everyone else is doing great. We are looking at adopting another baby girl from the Ukraine named Kristin I believe in number 16 where we adopted our others from. She is such a cutie.
I hope everyone will stick with me as I try to post more often, If you have any advice on my drama feel free to tell me anything!! Thanks, Leah

8 comments:

  1. HI Leah, we are adopting AJ. AJ is in #4. Did you all ever go to his orphanage? I would dearly love to see some recent pictures of him. I have so many questions. No one has been able to tell me what the babies eat in their bottles...sugar water, formula, what?? Thanks for writing me and I appreciate your prayers for AJ. He is such a sweet little one!I cannot wait to get him home!!!

    Because He lives,

    Debbie
    http://the-scenic-route-momto6kids.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a newer Google subscriber. That was the point--to be able to catch the posts of infrequent posters (of which I am one). I don't know why someone would stop "following" for that reason.

    I'd tell you how I found you but I don't remember exactly--almost certainly through a link on someone else's blog.

    Blessings to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, is that Kathryn??? Andrea emailed me about her since Darya is in #16, but my husband said one is enough. I've been praying that she would find a family quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just became a follower, but I'm with you on the neighbor issue. It never ends well when another mom comes between you and your child. Going through a situation like that now, but can't do anything about it because my daughter is 18. :(
    Anyway, which child is Leeska? You mention her, but I don't see a picture with that name. Is she Elisa? Just wondering.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also agree with the neighbor issue. You are the parents, and you answer to God. God gives discernment for a reason!

    How is Nessie? Is she still screaming inconsolably? I've been praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are doing the right thing for your daughter. I would do the same thing if I were in your shoes. She is coming to an age when outside influences can override what parents have trained them all these years (and you wouldn't want to put her in that situation).

    We are adopting Alyona through RR and can't wait to bring her home!

    April
    http://themissingswerd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. To answer a few questions, Leeska is Elisa. They called her leeska their in the Ukraine so we just kept calling her this. About A.J. I never got to go to his ophanage. I just fell in love with him when we began out journey. We thought about adopting him until we found out he was not in the same orphanage as Elisa. We saw the caregivers carry a can of formula when we were there. The same kind that we use here. We could not ever get them to tell us if our babies were still on formula or what. It was really a hard experince for us. We gave them baby food for so long. Then we realized that they were able to eat regular food. You just have to see what they can handle. I bet he will be on whole milk by then and eating what normal babies his age eats. Our oldest has a hard time with her tongue so we have had to give her more soft foods. So if he has a wild tongue it may be more difficult to feed him. Send me an email and Ill chat with you more. Thanks, Leah. tbarch@prodigy.net

    ReplyDelete