Monday, June 21, 2010

Hello Again!!





Ok, I think I forgot I had a blog!! Not really, Its just been a crazy time here. First thing first. I guess last time I wrote I was still dealing with the neighbor thing. Well, I think God took care of that situation. Things got worse before they got better. They got really bad in fact. I don't normally argue with people, but it got down to the point where she began to say things that just did not happen. I had to call her out on them, and now we are simply a hi and by relationship. She really does not see my kids anymore!!
Now the things that we are dealing with now are a little different. I have a brother that I am trying to take care of. He did a lot of drugs a few years back that has fried his brain. He now has skitsophrneia, not sure how to spell it, but that sounded right.. He is OK if he would take meds, but he wont. We are trying to find a way to have him committed. Its really sad to see him the way he is. Its even harder to know that I can not help him. I know that God will help him in the end, but the waiting is very hard.
The second big thing we are dealing with here at the Beasley home is Nessie. We are still having a hard time here. I do not understand why she screams all the time. She is always fighting the other babies, and always hitting them. Tony and I were so upset yesterday because she pulled a hand full of hair out of Leeskas head. We were so sad for Leeska. I'm wondering if she had to fight off the other kids in the orphanage. That's how she acts now. The thing is, she gets everything she needs here. Oh well. This is just some of what we are dealing with.
Poor Tony is so depressed at his job so he is getting a new job that will be moving us to Dallas. Then my brother stepped in and told him that he wanted to hire Tony to work for him in Austin. Now we have to decide what to do with this as well. We are trying to figure out what God wants us to do. We want to make sure that what we decide to do will be good for us in the long run.
Right now as I write my brother, not the one I spoke of earlier with the illness, has all of my oldest kids in Austin. My brother is a doctor and is a millionaire. He has everything he has ever wanted or needed. So now my kids are getting a taste of this life. They are never going to want to come home. Even to pick my kids up he had his private jet come pick them up. I'm proud of him for being so successful, but I do not want my children to be all sad when they come home that they do not have all these nice things. We feel that a lot with our oldest adopted son. We feel like he wishes he had been adopted by someone else. He does not like discipline, or chores. He always feels like he is getting into trouble, so in the end he puts that blame on us. He doesn't seem very grate full of anything, and expects everyhting in return. We are really working on him, we are trying to teach him that it is this way at other families homes as well. It was probably not very smart to send him to my brothers, but I did not want to deny him of that chance to be with his cousins as well.
I just wanted to say thanks for following along. I know I am not doing a good job at posting a lot, but you guys are patient to keep coming back!! The babies are doing great other than the screaming. Leeska is so big, and sooo smart. Eli is getting so big and soo funny. Ill post some pictures!! Thanks guys!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Leah, have you considered finding a nice grandma-type at your church, or in your neighborhood that would just LOVE holding your little Nessie? Not someone to take over, or judge, just cuddle and give you and the kids a break? If you are moving, it probably isn't a good time, but maybe when you get settled again. I taught school for a long time and really miss the little ones, my age has given me the patience of Job and I know I'm not alone out there.

    Best wishes, Piper's nana
    aimeesbowlofcherries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So i grew up in a very affluent town. actually we still live there now. and I dated someone with a private jet. but oh boy did he have a bad heart. His parents were not kind people either!! People would say "whoa he has a jet? why'd you break up?" and I would just say "Money doesn't make you a good person." My parents always made sure I knew we were NOT like everyone else in this town. We're not wealthy. and I am so thankful for that!!!!


    Also I'm sorry to hear about your brother. schizophrenia is hard. very hard. Can you place him on an involuntary 72 hour observational hold?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have put him in a mental rehab several times, but he would leave after 3 days. I dont know why, but I heard in the state of Texas you have to commit yourself in a mantal hispital. You can not admitt someone else. That just seems silly to me, What menatl person is going to admit themselves?? Anyways, we are looking into things trying to figure them out. Thanks though, Leah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how I have missed hearing about your family. I think I somehow missed your last post about your neighbor (strange situation). I wanted to tell you that it is possible that you have lost followers not because they don't like you anymore but because you switched blogs. At first I couldn't remember the name of your new blog so went to your old one to see if there was a link and there wasn't (at least not that I saw) so maybe people just can't find you. I would recommend that you go to you old blog and do a quick post WITH a link to your new blog. Anyway....so glad to hear that the kids are doing well. I, for one, always want to hear what is going on with you guys yet totally understand that things are quite busy for you. Sorry about Nessie and the screaming. I think she just has attitude. I mean look at that picture of her on your sidebar. My vote is for you to move to Dallas...mainly because we lived there (McKinney) for a year and a little bit of my heart will always be there. In fact, my two older daughters are there right now visiting old friends since our little one will be in the hospital most of the summer (leukemia). Please keep us updated on where you are headed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leah,
    I am so sorry to hear that you guys are having a rough time in some areas.
    I know that it is hard to get a family member committed to the Mental Institution unless it is a spouse, or adult child. I use to be that the parents were able to ask for it as well but I guess they think a sibling does not know what they are doing. It really stinks how Texas laws are regarding this. Talk to his Doctors, get them on the same page and ask him to write a letter stating that it would benefit your brother to be committed and put the specifics in it. Also ask them to say that tt is possible he is a danger to himself and others if he does not get the proper treatment (assuming this is true).
    If there is not a spouse or adult child in the picture, and if your parents are alive tell them to call the office of your Senator, or some sort of State Rep and see what they can do to help you out. Heck I would even call the Governers office.
    Also ask your Brother (the one that is the doctor) to write a letter talking about your sick brother's condition. This requires a lot of work, letters to get together and a lot of time but it might very well help.
    Again the state of Texas needs some help with his mental laws. LOL!!
    If I think of anything else I will let you know.

    Love,
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  6. I decided to do more than one response so it would not be so long.

    I am wondering if Nessie sat and screamed in the orphanage knowing if she did that they would come and pick her up, or gaive her what she wanted just to shut her up. If this is true then she might have been ugly to the other kids because she did not want them getting any of the attention she wanted. I know they normally do not get much attention in the orphanages but once in a while there is a favorite. Also you know the old saying about the sqeaky wheel is the first on to get oiled (or something like that. LOL!!).

    Poor little Leeska. I know that hurt big time. One day she is liable to get up and get even with Nessie. LOL!
    I am sure you disciplined little Nessie, and hopefully she understood that was not acceptable. I have a feeling she is a lot smarter than she is letting on to be.
    I have a feeling she knows how to play the game to get what she wants. Oh well I have a feeling that you can teach her how to unplay that game. LOL!!

    I would like to share a story with you!
    I have a set of twin niece/nephew who stayed at my house a lot of the time until they were older. There was also other little ones from other family members around alot of the time to (it was not unusual to have 5-7 kids staying with me at any time).
    My family believes in spanking (I know a lot of people do not believe in it, but we do not nor would we ever beat or be abusive with it. Just a little spanking on the bottom).
    One of the twins was a screamer. She would scream to get her way, to get out of trouble, basically sounds like Nessie (OH how I know what you are going through. LOL!! Everyone in our family new that her parents would spank the other 2 children but not the Screamer, because she screamed so loud that they were afraid a neighbor would hear her. Heck she screamed if you looked at her wrong much less spank her. LOL!! So basically she knew she could get what she wanted, misbehave, and even be mean to her twin brother, and older sister and not get in trouble. I remember her laughing because her siblings got in trouble and she did not when it was basically her fault.
    Like I said she along with others were at my house a lot of the time. Even though they were all VERY spoiled, they still were good kids with me. However, she found out fast that I was not scared of her screaming, and I was not going to let the others get in trouble for something I know she did. LOL!! Now again I did not beat on them but they knew I was not going to put up with games either.
    Her parents got upset because when she got home all she did was scream and misbehave but at my house she was the sweet little angel and actually cried to come back to my house. LOL!!
    I guess my point is that maybe when Nessie realizes that she is not going to be able to get her way or whatever then she will finally stop being ugly and screaming.
    When you first posted about it I thought maybe she is sick or something hurts but I know that has all been checked out. Then I thought of my Screamer and thought "OH poor Leah! I know what she is going through! LOL!!

    As far as your older son being at your rich brothers. I know that was a tough decision but if you let your brother know a head of time maybe he will help you out on that.
    Later in life your son will figure out that just because a person has a wealthy lifestyle does not mean they know how to love. Love is more important than being able to buy everything under the sun. I know some do have a lot of love to share but so many are to busy counting their money to know what true love is.

    Good luck on all you are dealing with.
    Thanks for posting though. A lot of us love to read and hear about what is going on.
    Sorry this post got so long.

    Love,
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have known littlies with DS who scream a lot as babies and are later diagnosed with autism - not to worry you but if Nessie shows other features it might be worth getting her assessed and sometiems a diagnosis brings with it extra useful therapy.
    You also said she may have reflux - my son with DS was tube fed for 4 years and cried almost constantly in pain- a barium meal (through his gastrostomy) showed he had a hiatus hernia and once that was repaired a lot of his pain disappeared. Since he started eating rather than being tube fed 10 months ago he is a much happier child (not gaining weight 11.8 kg at nearly 5 years old but Happy!)
    Other causes for crying are somtimes middle ear infections but I expect that's already been looked for

    ReplyDelete