Saturday, May 15, 2010

My Sick Nessie




The days are really getting harder for me here. I feel like I'm loosing control. I have always told myself I would adopt a lot of kids, but we would never let having to many kids get into the way of us living a normal life. When I say normal life I mean going out into public with our family to eat, and just going to the grocery store, and going to Fiesta Texas with our family. We love to do things as a family, and told ourselves we would continue to do so. We have done well with this until now. Nessie has been screaming for so long that now we can not go anywhere. When she screams I think she is just doing it because she has gotten really spoiled. Tony thinks she is in pain. When we tell her to stop though, she gets it, she will stop for a moment, then she just starts all over again. We have seen a few doctors, but so far she is fine. If we put her down after holding her, she starts her scream. Its is a high pitch scream that everyone hears. We went to the beach this weekend, and we could not wait to come home. She screamed the entire time. Today we went to eat, and we left before we were even done.. Now I feel like I have finally done it..I can not go out in public anymore. I am stuck in my home because I have a child that everyone will stare at me and wonder why I can not keep her quite. She even screams when she is happy. When she stands up she gets so excited that she just stands there screaming.
My neighbor would come get her to watch her while I tried to have chill out time, but now she wont even come around anymore because she does not know how to handle her either. I sooo wanted to adopt more babies, and more children, but now I don't think I could handle anymore. I hope that this is just a short phase and that she will grow out of this, but for now it just keeps getting worse.
The other little ones are happy and growing so fast. Little Leeska surprises us everyday. She learns so much from her new school, and haves so much fun there. Eli has started to smile at us more than he used to. Hr is never to affectionate, but he getting closer to giving us a little lovin!!
I will try to post more pictures, but for now this is what we have for now. Thanks, Leah

4 comments:

  1. Many prayers for you from here. I don't even know how to tell you what a blessing following your blog has been to me. I'm asking our Father for answers, wisdom, peace, & many blessings upon each & every one in your beautiful family!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a thought-- you'll never look back and regret that you spent too much time homeschooling. I think it only works the other way. The years I homeschooled my kids are treasured memories. Childhood goes by fast!

    I know it's hard to think with the incessant screaming, but you will need to keep your minds open to consider every possibility for a reason for it, and to keep searching for clues. It might help if you think of it as colic, which is intense while it lasts, but eventually ends. Hopefully, diet is being considered by your docs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry that you are going through this with baby Nessie :( Does she drink a lot of milk? Maybe she could be lactose intolerant? Did doctors say that it could be her diet possibly? Are the foods that she eats here a lot different than what she ate at the orphanage? I pray that you get some answers soon!!! I know it has to be so hard on your whole family.
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  4. Homeschooling is great! I applaude anyone who can do it well. One thing I know from friends about siblings having different education is that each child may need something different. The kids who want to go to public school may just be curious about "the other side" and may want to be back home after a year. The other thing to consider is are they your more social ones? I could see some kids just wanting to get to know and socialize with as many people as possible. I have one of those myself. I don't homeschool and consider it and may in the future at request of one of my sons. The kids with Down's Syndrome will need some people in their lives who can help with all of their needs in education, speech, OT, etc. I'm sure you've figured that out but it can be huge as they get older. I work with a girl at school with Down's and it is a wonderful experience I wouldn't trade and she is a great 11 year old now. Just keep talking about it and know that one shoe does not fit every kid.

    ReplyDelete