Monday, July 26, 2010

Thanks for the Advice




Today has been a bitter sweet day here at home. While things are getting better on this end, there is a friend of mine that has been diagnosed with Leukemia. My friend is only 28 years old and has also adopted a baby from the Ukraine. In fact she is the main reason we chose to adopt. She had shown us a picture of little Leeska when she was 1 and told us about her being sent to an institution if she was not adopted. We followed her to the Ukraine soon after she came home. Now she actually works for Reece's Rainbow. Her name is McKenna Powell. She has 3 small children and has been dealing with so much in her life. Her niece was recently diagnosed with cancer in her leg. Her family has gone through a lot with this. Now this past Monday she found out about her leukemia. She is very positive about it. She has already began to take medication to help her. Today she went to get more testing done, so please keep McKenna is your prayers and pray for a miracle right now.
As for our babies, we have changed their diet to a gluten free diet and that has helped out a lot. I know now that we do not have the best doctor because he truly does not seem to think that this is a big deal. After reading all the responses it sounds to be much bigger than I even thought it was. Thanks so much for giving me all the info that you have!! I am going to search for another doctor and hopefully figure all this out. I have Friends that will not even hold my babies anymore because they know how they poop so much. They are really grossed out my them and that really bugs me to see people like that.
I don't know if I have told people this before, but I also foster puppies. If anyone that lives near by wants to adopt a chi-mix puppy I have 4 left, and 2 spaniel mix pups. I have had them now for 4 months, and they really need to find good homes. Ill post a picture of them, but please pass the info along. The adoption fee is 150.00 but they come with all their shots, spayed and neutered and micro-chipped. They are very sweet babies. I'm a sucker for pus and homeless dogs so I cant ever say no. I joke a lot and tell people I can not say no to puppies or kids!!

No comments:

Post a Comment