Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Our Progress so Far

Monday will be an exciting day for us!! Little Leeska will start her first day of preschool. The school bus will come all the way to our home, which is a good 30 minute drive, and take her by bus to school. She will stay there for 2 hours, then return home. The teachers have all been so kind to us, and to her. She is the smallest kid in her class, and I think the cutest!!!
The other 2 babies are still doing great in there therapy. Little Nessie is starting to stand by herself and has now taken 2 steps. She has also gained a lot of weight. Her hair has gotten so much longer, and finally one of my girls is going to have those cute little curls!!
Eli, well Eli is ALL OVER THE HOUSE!! We had to put in a gate to keep him in one place. He really hates it a lot. He now cries when he is in it. He uses his head to push against the gate until it either falls, or moves open enough that he can get through it. Once he gets through it he uses his military crawl, really fast to get to the stairs as fast as he can. He knows once he is out we will come to get him so once he sees us he goes even faster. Its funny because he knows he should not be doing what he is doing. Eli is so big and so strong that he really does not know his own strength.. He is going to be a super strong kid!!
Last Sunday Nessie turned 2, now this Monday Leeska will be 3. We feel like they have changed so much in the past few months. God has given us so much. We know we want to adopt again, but its such a hard decision. Before Leeska was sorda picked out for us, so we just picked more kids from her orphange. Now we have the chance to pick any kid from anywhere. How do you do this?? For now we will just pray that God will give us the answer to this question. We don't need to rush into anything because we are loving what we have right now!!
I just wanted to let all the Reeces Rainbow families know that if you are adopting from Russia we are praying for you guys that your adoptions go smoothly because of what this woman did to mess up every ones adoptions! It sad that this has happened, and I hope that they do not shut down all the adoptions!! We will be praying for you guys!

4 comments:

  1. thanks for the update! i can't wait to see where God will lead you next.

    tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just read your other blog, start to finish because we are considering adoption from Ukraine. We have a large family too, and I have many questions. Is it okay to email you? My email is: browning.onehappyfamily@gmail.com
    we are really praying about this. I hope we can connect. You have been encouraging thru posts.
    Charrissa Browning

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I hope you don't decide to close your blog. We will still be okay with only an occasional update. Something is better than nothing. I literally woke up the other day and thought about the fact that I hadn't seen a post from you in a long time. So I went to the Blessings from Abroad blog and then remembered that you were starting a new family blog. One thing to point out is that there wasn't a direct link (that I saw anyway) from that blog to this one. I had to go into your profile to find your list of blogs. But I have been so curious about how the babies were doing so I am glad that I finally found this one. Now I will add it to my blogroll so I can keep connected to you guys. Hope everything continues to go smoothly. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the bluebonnet pictures. I think I told you that we lived in McKinney TX for a year so we got one set of pics of our kids in them. Wish I could do it every year :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just thinking about you and wondering how you all are doing. My youngest son, Nate (who's now 5) was a screamer! Sometimes for no apparent reason. I don't recall it being to the extent that Nessie is doing it, but it drove me nuts! Hang in there and let's just hope it's a season ((hugs)).

    I also wanted to find out how homeschooling is going. We'll probably be getting Darya home right when we should be starting back up in the fall. How long did it take you to get back into the groove of things after you got home? But then again, you brought 3!!

    ReplyDelete